Get the best service and rates by dealing direct with Hamilton Island Hire.
About Dinghy Hire
What you’ll love about Hamilton Island Dinghy Hire:
- Explore the Whitsundays at your own pace. Go as fast, or as slow, as you choose - and decide where and when you want to go.
- Spend your time doing what you please. Snorkel, go diving, fish, or simply relax and enjoy the view.
- Convenient and easy to organise. Motorised dinghy hire is available at the Hamilton Island Marina, where you’ll also find fuel for your dinghy, and other fishing essentials.
Details at a glance
- Standard half day hire - $145
- Standard full day hire - $235
- Premium half day - $175
- Premium full day hire - $265
Each dinghy carries up to 6 guests. Half day is 3 hours and full day is 7 hours.
Sights and highlights
- Explore the beautiful waters between Dent and Hamilton Islands by hiring your own dinghy.
- Get up close to seasonal wildlife, including turtles, whales and birds.
- Choose your type of standard dinghy with pull start and tiller steering or premium with key start and steering wheel. All dinghies have a bimini cover for shade.
- Cruise the local waters, swim on Henning Island Beach, or go for a fish. The choice is yours.
Cruise the local waters, picnic and swim on Henning Island Beach, or drop a line and sit back and relax! The choice is yours. There are both half-day and full-day rentals available.
What to bring
- Mobile phone
- A credit card is required as deposit.
Bookings are essential.
How to get there
Dinghy Hire are located in the Hamilton Island Marina Village at the Sunsail C-dock, opposite the Marina Tavern
Terms and Conditions
Please be aware, for your own safety, the area you may access with the boat is restricted due to tidal and reef conditions. Please check with Dinghy Hire or the Tour Desk first before booking. Vessels may not travel to Catseye Beach or Whitsunday Island.
If your booking is cancelled less than 24 hours notice, 50% of the ticket price will be forfeited.
If your booking is a no show or cancelled less than 4 hours notice, 100% of the ticket price will be forfeited.
How to get to Dinghy Hire
Direct Contact Info
Hours: Daily from 8.30am - 4.30pm.
Hamilton Island Great Barrier Reef